D7087: WIP: Add menu with "Copy to Clipboard" to the About System module

gregormi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 3 10:10:39 UTC 2017

gregormi added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7087#131728, @elvisangelaccio wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7087#131719, @gregormi wrote:
  >
  > > > I see that you are adding also the "About KDE" action in the menu, but that action is already in the Help menu from the toolbar. What's the point of adding it twice?
  > >
  > > Yes, the "About KDE" is already in the help menu of KInfoCenter. I thought about the situation when the "About System" module is started stand-alone (e.g. when you enter "About" in KRunner then "About System" is proposed).
  > >
  > > In general, I would find it helpful if there was a menu item that opens KInfoCenter; but only if "About System" is shown stand-alone. I don't know how to determine if a system setting module is started stand-alone.
  >

  > Oh I didn't even know that kinfocenter was a collection of kcm modules. I wonder if that should be implemented for all KCMs: currently the Help button in a stand-alone KCM just opens the kcm dockbook, maybe it could open the full-fledged Help menu?

  1. In Spectacle the Help button on the left bottom corner is implemented as you described: as a menu button. +1 for having that in the KCMs, too.
  2. In KInfoCenter the "Module Help" button seems to be broken. E.g. "Help" on the Memory KCM starts the Help Center at the correct location but the corresponding "Module Help" button in KInfoCenter opens a Help Center page titled with "Documentation not Found".

REPOSITORY
  R102 KInfoCenter