D7047: Wallpaper blur background filling effect feature

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 1 19:51:41 UTC 2017

broulik added a comment.

  Pretty cool idea!

INLINE COMMENTS

> WallpaperDelegate.qml:73
> +
> +            GaussianBlur {
> +                visible: cfg_Blur

I think for the preview a `FastBlur` is sufficient, or perhaps even just scaling up a tiny pixmap

> config.qml:142
> +            id: blurCheckBox
> +            text: i18nd("plasma_applet_org.kde.image", "Use blur background filling")
> +            checked: true

I'm not too happy with this label but I can't think of a better phrase either..

> main.qml:213
>
>      Image {
> +        id: blurBackgroundSource

Is it possible to re-use the currentImage instead of creating yet another `Image` item? I know with `ShaderEffect` you can do `hideSource: false` but I don't see this in `GaussianBlur` :/

> main.qml:226
> +        anchors.fill: parent
> +        source: blurBackgroundSource
> +        radius: 32

You might want to set the source to `null` when it's disabled otherwise we end up blurring (even when disabled):

  source: wallpaper.configuration.Blur ? blurBackgroundSource : null

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace