D5618: Revert "launch autostart apps in ksmserver using KRun, not QProcess"KRun::runApplication will show blocking error dialogs if it fails to find the executableThis means we don't autostart the next app, which could be fatal if it comes before...

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 27 13:53:15 UTC 2017

davidedmundson created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  ...kwin/plasma
  We shouldn't be having blocking calls in ksmserver it can deadlock
  And even in the best case we'd still end up blocking ksplash for 30 seconds

  We then port to KProcess which was part of the motivation behind the patch as it
  has better stdout handling

  This reverts commit https://phabricator.kde.org/R120:0f19e92f3e85d064de9cebf280fa8e085485c2e0.

  BUG: 379254

  Port autostarting applications to KProcess
  It has better stdout handling

TEST PLAN
  Logged in, still got my main session

REPOSITORY