[KWin Quest. - Update] - KWin authorize external docks to manipulate tasks and windows

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri Apr 21 14:29:26 UTC 2017

I can't see that interface changing, short of bug fixes.

We do want to restrict it so that not every app can (ab)use it.You
positioning a panel explicitly isn't different from a supposedly sandboxed
app positioning a padlock logo above the firefox address bar.

How we restrict extensions but allow exceptions is something that isn't
really implemented yet, and it's not something we really agree how to do
yet. That's why you're not getting a concrete answer.

This same problem exists for multiple areas, not just this.

David