D5490: Only follow mouse when moved (Fixes Bug #372635)

Leszek Lesner noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 20 17:47:39 UTC 2017

leszeklesner added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D5490#103680, @qi437103 wrote:

  > what about set moved variable according to global mousre position instead? I know this is possible with QCursor, but not sure if it's possible at qml side, though. I haven't looked at the code yet, but if there's c++ component, we can add a qobject derived class calling QCursor::pos(), and expose it to qml.

  Not sure what you mean by global mouse position and how it should solve the issue though.
  The problem is to distinguish between if the cursor was deliberately moved into the ListView or if the entries of the ListView cause the height to grow in such way that the mouse cursor hovers over it.
  The more I think about it and the workarounds (like I said trying to watch for onHeightChanges) the more I have the view that this is not possible as onHeight changes also more than one time and might not include the cursor at first but later on it does (which would then highlight the entry under the cursor again which is not wanted).
  The best solution for all of this would be if Qt would be able just to hide the cursor during typing. But that seems not to work.

REPOSITORY
  R112 Milou