D5488: Improve the escape key handling for breaking constrained pointers

Martin Gräßlin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 18 05:15:37 UTC 2017

graesslin created this revision.
Restricted Application added a project: KWin.
Restricted Application added subscribers: kwin, plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  So far KWin started to filter out the escape key as soon as it gets
  pressed. This was done by unsetting keyboard focus. The idea was to
  reset keyboard focus when it is only a short press and that then the
  keyboard state is correct for the application. But in practice this
  does not work. The only application currently supporting pointer
  constraints (Xwayland) does not do anything on a key which is pressed
  when gaining keyboard focus. The result is escape not working in
  pointer constrained Xwayland windows.

  This change addresses this problem by changing the interaction to only
  unset keyboard focus when our break constraints condition is met. This
  should also result in the application not handling the key release, but
  it means it gets the key press. Unfortunately I don't have a good way
  to test.

  BUG: 378452

TEST PLAN
  None

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

BRANCH
  pointer-constraints-escape

AFFECTED FILES
  autotests/integration/pointer_constraints_test.cpp
  input.cpp