D5405: Create desktop file name based on organization domain unless set explicitely

Luigi Toscano noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 12 18:09:52 UTC 2017

ltoscano added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D5405#101615, @graesslin wrote:

  > The desktop file name should follow the way how the dbus name is created. If the applications are broken, then they are broken. Given that I mentioned this several times at KDE conferences, blogged about it, sent mails to KDE devel lists I assume the application maintainers don't care whether their applications work on Wayland. Which is totally fine. Then let them stay broken.

  When you talk about "desktop file name", do you mean the method desktopFileName() in KAboutData, or the real file name of the desktop file?

  Also: I did not maintain an application back then and I missed those notifications. Could you please link at least one reference to the explanation (or which Akademy)? I will get the others from that.

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons