Complex text input in Plasma

Weng Xuetian wengxt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 20:15:59 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 6 April 2017 10:27:40 PDT,Eike Hein wrote:
> > = Screenshots =
>
> Here's an example of the emoji IME mentioned earlier:
>
> https://fedoramagazine.org/using-favorite-emoji-fedora-25/
>

> Cheers,
> Eike

As a side note, I used to implment a ugly imchooser for KDE around KDE4 time,
which helps to select which input method

https://www.linux-apps.com/content/show.php/kcm+imchooser?content=146776

If we don't want to go the GNOME way (solely select one input method
frameworks to work with), I guess one thing we can do is to add an additonal
section in "default application" kcm, and provides necesary profile, so kwin
will also be able to learn which im to start, and what need to be set up.

the profile may also provide a "none" which fallback to the old switcher.