D5321: [Notifications Applet] Don't crash when containment() disappears

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 6 16:02:07 UTC 2017

broulik created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  When deleting the panel the notifications applet is in, the containment is removed but the corona is still there and rightfully emits availableScreenRectChanged.
  This will cause us to crash when we try to access the no-longer existing containment.

  BUG: 378508
  FIXED-IN: 5.8.7

TEST PLAN
  Even though we no longer emit the signal when tearing down, we still do (correctly) when manually removing the panel. The containment goes away nonetheless.

  No longer crashes when I remove the panel. Resizing the panel still repositions notification popups.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/notifications/lib/notificationsapplet.cpp