Discover and Kirigami

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 17:04:03 UTC 2016

The Plasma dependency freeze was on the 9th of September.

Discover, at dependency freeze, depends on Kirigami 1.0
(and btw, still does)

With Kirigami 1.0 my plasma-discover crashes on boot:

QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
qrc:/qml/DiscoverWindow.qml:128 Type DiscoverDrawer unavailable
qrc:/qml/DiscoverDrawer.qml:103 Kirigami.Separator is not a type
KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2

I don't need to explain why this fails to run.

What I apparently do need to explain is the dependency freeze rule.

"After the dependency freeze, you can't change external dependencies on
anything outside Plasma.".  Rules can suck, but they're there for a reason.

If we can't manage 3 weeks without following the simple rules that ensure
we don't break  everything, we won't be able to manage 18 months.

David