Can a plasmoid update its contents when it is in a hidden panel?

Michail Vourlakos mvourlakos at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 16:12:09 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

I have a question concerning the Now Dock plasmoid. The plasmoid is
using many animations when adding or removing tasks and launchers. The
issue is that when the panel in which the plasmoid belongs is hidden
then all these animations play when the panel is shown again.

I believe that this is because kwin stops the animations because the
panel is off-screen. What I want is that these animations dont have to
play because the windows states have changed when the panel is shown again.

Can you think of a way to overcome this?

regards,

michail