Looking to contribute - Porting appmenu to QMenuModel

Matija Čupić matt at cmattrex.com
Thu Sep 22 09:59:59 UTC 2016

Heya everyone,

I'm looking to contribute to KDE. I'm not new to programming (just new to
Qt, KDE), and not asking for handholding, but if someone could strap me up
with info on how to start, how would I test my additions/fixes, and what's
the procedure for submitting updates, that would be awesome.

Specifically, I want to port the appmenu to QMenuModel (since I really want
that, and it really bugs me it's not implemented yet). If there's someone
that's familiar with its implementation and has some rough ideas what needs
to be done, it would be really cool if he could get me up to speed.

Regards,
Matt