[Differential] [Request, 31 lines] D2804: Add an ultimate fallback to WM_CLASS Class for AbstractTasksModel::AppId in XWindowsTasksModel.

hein (Eike Hein) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 17 13:57:54 UTC 2016

hein created this revision.
hein added reviewers: Plasma, davidedmundson, broulik.
hein added a subscriber: plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This makes grouping work for apps we can't find on the system and
  can't produce a launcher URL for, such as wine clients. Any better
  app will use our superior codepath, the wonky ones like wine then
  get left to making sure their WM_CLASS Class makes sense as per the
  ICCCM spec.

  Of course this doesn't work for XWayland clients on Wayland though.

  BUG:368078

  Also nixes an obsolete FIXME and adds a small check to avoid
  producing launcher URLs that are only the window icon pixmap
  query element.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  Plasma/5.8

AFFECTED FILES
  libtaskmanager/taskgroupingproxymodel.cpp
  libtaskmanager/xwindowtasksmodel.cpp

EMAIL PREFERENCES