[Differential] [Request, 42 lines] D2772: xcursor discovery: modernize

zx2c4 (Jason A. Donenfeld) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Sep 14 10:38:25 UTC 2016

zx2c4 created this revision.
zx2c4 added a reviewer: mart.
zx2c4 added a subscriber: plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  First we remove the fallback code for a version of Xcursor that
  corresponds with an X server KDE doesn't even support any more.

  Then we reverse the order of tilde expansion and deduplication, which
  before was essentially incorrect.

  Next we do deduplication properly, using Qt's removeDuplicates function.

  Finally we replace the ugly regex with the helper function in
  kcoreextras via std::transform.

  This work here reflects the recent review and discussion that went into
  the nearly identical code in kde-gtk-kcm.

TEST PLAN
  Observe that cursors are correctly populated.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMADESKTOP Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  master