[Differential] [Changed Subscribers] D2763: Config docs for Kicker, Kickoff, Task Manager, Pager, and the Desktop/Folder containment/widget.

broulik (Kai Uwe Broulik) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 13 17:49:21 UTC 2016

broulik added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> main.xml:32
>      <entry name="favoriteApps" type="StringList">
> +      <label>List of general favorites. Supported values are menu id's (usually .desktop file names), special URLs that expand into default applications (e.g. preview://browser), document URLs and KPeople contact URIs.</label>
>        <default>preferred://browser,kontact.desktop,systemsettings.desktop,org.kde.dolphin.desktop,ktp-contactlist.desktop,org.kde.kate.desktop,org.kde.discover</default>

preferred://, not preview

> main.xml:62
>      <entry name="extraRunners" type="StringList">
> +      <label>The plugin id's of additional KRunner plugins to use. Only used if useExtraRunners is true.</label>
>        <default>bookmarks,baloosearch</default>

Deppenapostroph ;)

> main.xml:34
>      <entry name="runners" type="StringList">
> +      <label>The plugin id's of additional KRunner plugins to use. Only used if useExtraRunners is true.</label>
>        <default>shell,bookmarks,recentdocuments,locations,baloosearch</default>

id's

> main.xml:27
>      <entry name="currentDesktopSelected" type="Enum">
> +        <label>When to do on left-mouse click on a desktop rectangle.</label>
>          <choices>

What to do

> main.xml:26
>      <entry name="groupingStrategy" type="Enum">
> +      <label>How tasks are grouped: 0 = Do Not Group, 1 = By Program Name</label>
>        <default>1</default>

I was wondering, can't we expose the <choices> stuff in the docs? I fear this might easily get out of sync

> main.xml:38
>      <entry name="groupingAppIdBlacklist" type="StringList">
> +      <label>The id's (usually .desktop file names) of applications that should not have their tasks grouped.</label>
>        <default></default>

id's

> main.xml:71
>      <entry name="highlightWindows" type="Bool">
> +      <label>Whether to request the window manager highlight windows when hovering corresponding task buttons.</label>
>        <default>false</default>

request (or ask) the window manager *to* highlight windows

> main.xml:75
>      <entry name="launchers" type="StringList">
> +      <label>The list of launcher tasks on the widget. Usually .desktop file or executable URLs. Special URLs such as preview://browser that expand to default applications are supported.</label>
>        <default></default>

preferred://

> main.xml:81
>        <choices>
>              <choice name="None"/>
>              <choice name="Close"/>

Are these shown in the docs?

> main.xml:48
>      <entry name="labelMode" type="Int">
> +      <label>How to show the Folder View label: 1 = Friendly version of path relative to closest Places entry, 2 = Full path, 3 = Custom title</label>
>        <default>1</default>

0 = No Label?

> main.xml:97
>      <entry name="previewPlugins" type="StringList">
> +      <label>List of id's of the thumbnail preview plugins to use in Folder View.</label>
>        <default>imagethumbnail,jpegthumbnail</default>

id's

> main.xml:101
>      <entry name="viewMode" type="Int">
> +      <label>The Folder View view mode: 0 = Grid, 1 = List</label>
>        <default>0</default>

Only works in popup (panel) mode?

> main.xml:131
>      <entry name="showTweaks" type="Bool">
> +      <label>Whether to show the "Tweaks" config page. Only used when serving as containment.</label>
>        <default>true</default>

Used "acting" before

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMADESKTOP Plasma Desktop