Animate plasma tooltip windows?

Michail Vourlakos mvourlakos at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 23:37:24 UTC 2016

On 12/09/2016 02:29 πμ, David Edmundson wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 12:21 AM, Michail Vourlakos
> <mvourlakos at gmail.com <mailto:mvourlakos at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello everyone,
>

>     I am using in one of my plasmoids the following,
>
>         PlasmaCore.Dialog{
>             id: windowsPreviewDlg
>             type: PlasmaCore.Dialog.Tooltip
>             location: plasmoid.location

>     }
>

>     because I can not use the ToolTipArea
>

> Why can't you?

The use case is the Now Dock plasmoid, each task is a MouseArea which
needs the mouse hovering for the animations. Trying to use ToolTipArea
above each task in order to support Window Previews, the tooltip was
appearing but it was locking the zoom animation. In order to reenable
the zoom animation I had either to hide the tooltip or change to another
task.. So I used my MouseArea in order to show inside a
PlasmaCore.Dialog of type tooltip the Window previews... It works and
the animation never stops or breaks for the tasks, but the preview
window in which i just change its visual parent it makes jumps and it is
not going smoothly from one position to another...