[Differential] [Accepted] D2676: Improved and optimized Pager and Activity Pager

davidedmundson (David Edmundson) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 6 16:24:17 UTC 2016

davidedmundson accepted this revision.
davidedmundson added a comment.

  One idea to think about if you think it makes sense, otherwise ship it!

INLINE COMMENTS

> hein wrote in pagermodel.cpp:84
> No, it's not. refreshDataSource() doesn't set anything on the models. What this lambda does is make sure that in VirtualDesktopsPager mode, the Pager always only shows windows that are on the current activity, by setting the activity filter to the current activity when it changes. Nothing in refreshDataSource() (which also isn't run when the activity changes) or refresh() (ditto) does this.

You're right. Got confused.

> hein wrote in pagermodel.cpp:96
> Because this is what the old code did, and I assume whoever wrote it figured out that kwin cancels show-desktop state when changing virtual desktops.

ok. That makes sense

Though:
would KWindowSystem::showingDesktopChanged would be a more robust approach to that?

or

info.setShowingDesktop(!info.showingDesktop());

or

...if you did switch to PlasmaShell showDashboard over the DBus (which Qt won't actually send over DBus) you get toggling done for free.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMADESKTOP Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  master