[Differential] [Commented On] D2680: [Task Manager] Activate tasks by Meta + number shortcuts

broulik (Kai Uwe Broulik) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 6 14:05:39 UTC 2016

broulik added a comment.

  > the owner doesn't seem to be saved and restored anywhere, so it may happen that is not deterministic who owns it? (not sure if needed tough)

  In Component.onCompleted it sets itself as owner if its config says the feature is Enabled

  > btw, if one had an Applet subclass implementation, there is a globalConfig() kconfiggroup thatsaves and reads in an area of appletsrc common for all applets of a given tye

  Neat. There I could just store the ID and then we also avoid two applets claiming to be the owner (should not happen but who knows)

  > what would happen if a user has existing shortcuts defined already?

  They won't be re-assigned, ie. if Meta+1 is already something else, it will stay that way. But you can end up with a bit of a mixture of, for example, only Meta+4, Meta+5, Meta+6 being assigned to task manager if the others were occupied.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMADESKTOP Plasma Desktop

EMAIL PREFERENCES