[Differential] [Commented On] D3131: Show full scrollbar only on mouse over

hpereiradacosta (Hugo Pereira Da Costa) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 31 15:54:42 UTC 2016

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3131#59715, @hpereiradacosta wrote:

  > Hi Marco,
  >  Two problems with the commit:
  >  1/ it does not compile under kde4 (and we are still maintaining a kde4 and a kf5 version)
  >
  > breezestyle.cpp:6652:26: error: ‘const class QStyleOptionSlider’ has no member named ‘styleObject’
  >
  >   else if( option->styleObject ) widgetMouseOver = option->styleObject->property("hover").toBool();
  >

  > I can easily fix that.
  >
  > 2/ there are warnings:
  >
  > /home/hpereira/kf5/src/kde/workspace/breeze/kstyle/breezestyle.cpp:6719:24: warning: unused variable ‘mouseOver’ [-Wunused-variable]
  >
  >   const bool mouseOver( ( option->state & State_MouseOver ) );
  >              ^
  >
  > /home/hpereira/kf5/src/kde/workspace/breeze/kstyle/breezestyle.cpp:6724:18: warning: ‘widgetMouseOver’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
  >
  >   else if( !widgetMouseOver ) return Qt::transparent;
  >

  > Here I think this is because the first mouseOver should be widgetMouseOver, but  I am not sure. Can you double check ?

  Looking more at the code, I think I am confused about the logic ...
  How is widgetMouseOver different from mouseOver later on.
  Why is one calling widget->mouseOver() and the second option->state & State_MouseOver ? (I would think the second is correct and should be used everywhere)

  And finally, about the block on "disabled" state scrollbars, do we want the groove to show up on mouse-over in that case ? I think this tends to indicate that something will happen if you click, which is not the case ...

  Sorry if I have not commented on this before the commit, I guess I must have not reviewed this part of the patch carefully enough.

REPOSITORY
  rBREEZE Breeze

EMAIL PREFERENCES