macro_bool_to_01 macro in plasma-workspace/ConfigureChecks.cmake

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Oct 28 12:00:54 UTC 2016

On Friday, October 28, 2016 11:24:35 AM CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Where exactly is plasma-workspace's build system supposed to find the
> macro_bool_to_01 macro? Apparently it's been obsolete for quite some time
> and it doesn't seem to be provided by any of the listed dependencies (= I
> get a not-found error).

I wouldn't exclude the possibility that this is old and dead/non-functional
code. I just did a git grep for every of the CMake variables se through the
macro_bool_to_01 and only found:

dataengines/mouse/CMakeLists.txt:if (X11_Xfixes_FOUND)
dataengines/mouse/CMakeLists.txt:if (X11_Xfixes_FOUND)
dataengines/mouse/CMakeLists.txt:
target_link_libraries(plasma_engine_mouse ${X11_Xfixes_LIB})

and that code while having it in the CMakeLists being used uses in the code
#ifdef HAVE_XFIXES

(which is wrong, should be #if HAVE_XFIXES)

So overall looks rather dead to me.

Cheers
Martin