[Differential] [Request, 172 lines] D3188: Modified distance function to keep aspect ratio as close as possible

antlarr (Antonio Larrosa Jimenez) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 28 11:36:33 UTC 2016

antlarr created this revision.
antlarr added a reviewer: Plasma.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This new version of the distance function simplifies the
  findPreferredImageInPackage method by using the aspect ratio in the
  calculation. Now, it won't only search for a wallpaper with the same
  aspect ratio, but will also choose one with the closest possible
  aspect ratio when a perfect match is not found.

  Also, I separated the method that chooses the preferred image
  to not use KPackage in order to use it from a test application
  that tests the distance algorithm with all possible resolutions.

  Test application that tests the Image::findPreferredImage method

  The test initializes a list of available wallpaper image sizes,
  then a list of screen resolutions, and then executes
  Image::findPreferredImage to find out which is the preferred image
  in each case.

TEST PLAN
  I tested with different screen resolutions on a virtual machine with
  openSUSE Leap 42.2 RC1 and also included a commit that adds a test
  application (not built by default) that tests all possible resolutions.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  Plasma/5.8

AFFECTED FILES
  wallpapers/image/CMakeLists.txt
  wallpapers/image/image.cpp
  wallpapers/image/image.h
  wallpapers/image/testfindpreferredimage.cpp

EMAIL PREFERENCES