[Differential] [Commented On] D3159: Set wayland output scale

davidedmundson (David Edmundson) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 26 09:32:54 UTC 2016

davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> graesslin wrote in main_wayland.cpp:638
> hmm I'm not sure whether we should implement it as an int factor. Even if Wayland only supports integer scaling, I think that's a bad idea and we should rather go with fractal scaling from the start. Of course towards Wayland we need to expose it as integer scaling. But in case Wayland gets an update we would be prepared.

Makes sense to me. I'll do that change.

> graesslin wrote in wayland_server.cpp:353
> At the moment KWin doesn't scale yet. I think we should not start to export scale to Wayland as long as we don't support it.
>
> The idea behind the scale in Wayland is that the compositor itself scales up all surfaces which don't provide the correct scale factor. Just mentioning in case you are not aware of it.

I started doing the relevant surface scaling, but that's quite a bit more complex than it might first appear (and the Qt QPA needs multiple patches...) so I need to split this into multiple smaller parts.

Personally, I think setting this now is fine because I haven't implemented anything in the DRM backend, so this is only going to affect kwin when this config option is explicitly set.

REPOSITORY
  rKWIN KWin

EMAIL PREFERENCES