[Differential] [Commented On] D3132: [platformx/x11] Add a freeze protection against OpenGL

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 24 06:01:40 UTC 2016

graesslin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> composite.cpp:210-214
> +            kwinApp()->platform()->createOpenGLSafePoint(Platform::OpenGLSafePoint::PreFrame);
>
>              m_scene = SceneOpenGL::createScene(this);
>
> +            kwinApp()->platform()->createOpenGLSafePoint(Platform::OpenGLSafePoint::PostLastFrame);

why is the scene creation also guarded with PreFrame and PostLastFrame? Contextual that doesn't make sense as createScene doesn't render any frames.

> antlarr wrote in composite.h:242
> ok. @graesslin  do you prefer a count down or a count up and max? In any case, I agree with changing the name.

I would just count down the m_maxFramesTestedForSafety till it reaches 0

> antlarr wrote in x11_platform.cpp:215
> yeah, but then it wouldn't be a synchronous call and it would lose all its meaning, isn't it? :)

You can use QMetaObject::invokeMethod with Qt::QueuedConnection.

> x11_platform.cpp:229-232
> +    case OpenGLSafePoint::PostFrame:
>          m_openGLFreezeProtection->deleteLater();
> +        m_openGLFreezeProtection = nullptr;
> +        break;

I think you can merge the PostFrame with PostInit. So that the init test also does the freeze testing. That would also solve the conceptual problem I pointed out above.

EMAIL PREFERENCES