Breakout: regression / integration testing

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Oct 20 16:58:08 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 9:23 AM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday, October 17, 2016 5:56:16 PM UTC Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>> * regression / integration testing (possibly with openQA)
>> (Riddell, bshah, einar77, ...)
>>     <bshah> I want to work on some kind of integration testing /
>> regression testing for plasma and plasma mobile stuff combined
>>     <einar77_work> bshah: openQA is good for integration testing, yes
>> Iknow I'm biased, but showed bugs during the betas
>>     <Sho_> i agree that openQA is worth spending time on, we need
>> better full integration tests for the quality pain points
>
> To get this discussion started... Bhushan, what are your your plans more
> concretely, Eike, which pain points to you have in mind particularly?
> --
> sebas
>
> Sebastian Kügler    •    http://vizZzion.orghttp://www.kde.org

I took an approach to loading plasmashell with different plasmoids in
several containments. It was moved out but it worked reasonably well
the last time I took a look at it.

https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=plasma-tests.git

It's a bit easy to break but I think that ensuring the qml states on a
per-plasmoid basis could be useful.

That said, I think it would be brilliant to have openQA in place.

Aleix