Breakout: * multiscreen behaviour: how should Plasma exactly behave in different scenarios?

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Tue Oct 18 11:02:47 UTC 2016

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:07 AM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday 17 October 2016, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> >     <d_ed> biggest pain point from bugzilla is mostly still
> > multiscreen. I'm not sure we have a solid plan of what /should/ happen
> > in each situation.
>
> there are now 18 bugs marked as multiscreen, which a good part of them i'm
> almost sure they should be fixed by 5.8.1/5.8.2, waiting for confirmation
> on
> them tough

Common case may be better, edge cases are definitely not.

> >     <d_ed> panel gets added to screen 1 and 2, you disconnect screen
> > 2. How many panels do you have on screen 1
>
> on screen 1 you should have the panel you added on screen 1, nothing of
> what
> you added on the screen 2

With regards to current Plasma behaviour that's not always true: I didn't
mention if screen 2 was previously the primary screen or not.

At which point the correct behaviour should be to show the containers that
were previously on screen 2 on screen 1. Right?

David