Breakout: how to attract new contributors?

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Mon Oct 17 17:00:55 UTC 2016

    <bshah> we need more contributors, junior jobs are best way to get started
    <Sho_> the most critical thing we can do for developer recruitment
<Sho_> is change the way we publish/blog
<Sho_> our blogs are mostly work notes aimed at users, we need to
write more blog posts that engineers like to read
<Sho_> mgraesslin: the interesting thing is that among the best and
brightest fresh young open source contributors, we have quite a few
users - e.g. in the Rust community quite a few use Plasma, because C++
is the next best thing - but we don't publish anything they like to
read so we don't convert

discuss!