System Settings KCM cleanup (KIO)

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Mon Oct 17 11:20:52 UTC 2016

Am Samstag, 15. Oktober 2016, 13:32:35 CEST schrieb kainz.a:
> Hi,
>
> there are some KCM's the default user didn't need, some of them are also
> broken. It need some time to realize that the KCM's are from KIO.
>
> connectivity -> Samba Shares (didn't work)
>
> some kcm's are available but only needed if you install a kde browser. So
> please activate this KCM's not by default. maybe when you install a KDE
> browser the KCM's should be added (or you can change the setting in the
> browser)
> - browser
> - cookies
> - SSL Settings
> - web shortcuts
> - net preferences
> - useragent
>
> so from the KIO kcm's I think only the proxy kcm should be installed by
> default (if it work, never use it)
>
> I think a cleanup by default is needed and have KCM's you can't change
> anything cause the user use firefox would help nobody.

I have started to clean up the kcontrol docbook locations in cases where the
kcm code is in a different repository than the corresponding docbook, which I
consider as wrong.

See e.g:
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/128912/  (cache, proxy, useragent, cookies,
netpref, ebrowsing, smb docbooks in plasma-desktop)

https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/128914/ (filetypes kcm docbook in plasma-
desktop)

https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/128907/ (Konqueror kcm docbooks in plasma-
desktop)