[Differential] [Commented On] D2957: [SDDM Theme] Offer switching to the user's session if there is one

davidedmundson (David Edmundson) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 14 17:12:56 UTC 2016

davidedmundson added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D2957#56665, @subdiff wrote:

  > Is this Differential abandoned? I think the proposed behavioural change is greatly needed!

  If I'm too lazy to add this to SDDM before 5.9 we can push this. (and you can treat this comment as a ship it )

  If I fix SDDM, then we won't need this.

  > Because of this I also don't think there should be a config option. Who does need a second GUI session on the same user anyway?

  ...you'd be surprised. Users are weird. But being weird doesn't mean we get to break their workflow on a whim.

  LightDM didn't support login as the same user twice, I got a tonne of reports. One of the distros (red hat IIRC) even used that as a rationale for not switching.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES