KCM for network configuration

Jan Grulich jgrulich at redhat.com
Thu Oct 13 08:57:22 UTC 2016

Hi,

I decided to replace the kde5-nm-connection-editor with a more user friendly
KCM with a bit more nicer UI. The KCM is also missing in system settings and
would be nice to have it there. I just don't know how it should look like, as
developers are poor designers, so I just came up with this [1]. While I'm
satisfied with the left side representing the list of connections, I'm not
sure about the configuration itself and its representation, whether I should
remain using TabWidget or use some different layout/representation. Right now
I plan to just create a replacement for the editor, so there will be options
to add/remove/connect/disconnect connections and import/export VPNs. So
another question is how to represent those options and where to put them.

So what do you think?

[1] - https://jgrulich.fedorapeople.org/kcm_network.png

Regards,
Jan