[Differential] [Commented On] D3037: Support docks which take input

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 12 14:07:04 UTC 2016

graesslin added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3037#56296, @luebking wrote:

  > Errrr... this does not allow the dock to control input, ie. the dock can or can not take focus but you want focus if eg. clicking into a lineedit while do certainly not want it when clicking a button that will activate a window (FSP trouble)
  >
  > With the stateful approach, the dock would have to juggle around the setting instead of just telling the WM to pass it the focus *now* (for some local user interaction)

  I don't see any real world cases where that would be needed. In Plasma we either have a panel with no input fields at all (normal panel) or panels which should have focus directly from start (e.g. widget explorer). They have an input field but typing in it should start searching directly, if not the input is delegated to krunner, which is certainly not what is wanted.

REPOSITORY
  rKWIN KWin

EMAIL PREFERENCES