[Differential] [Request, 41 lines] D2957: [SDDM Theme] Offer switching to the user's session if there is one

broulik (Kai Uwe Broulik) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 6 08:30:00 UTC 2016

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, Plasma: Design.
broulik set the repository for this revision to rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace.

REVISION SUMMARY
  When choosing "New Session" you get dumped on the login screen where there's no discoverable way (Ctrl+Alt+Fsomething isn't discoverable) to get back to the existing session and typing the password to log in will actually log the user in twice. This would essentially lock a novice user out from his or her session even if the screen was locked because "New Session" is accessible from there as well.

  This patch changes the "Login" button with password field to a "Switch To" button in case there is already a graphical session of this user running.

TEST PLAN
  Locked screen, chose "New Session", got a "Switch To" button for my user which upon clicking dropped me back into my existing session.

  A difficulty we have is that when the session goes away, the login screen doesn't update because we never reload() the model - this is also true for the "Switch Session" button on the lock screen which only appears if tehre's another session. Is this something that is likely? Maybe somehow we could call reload() whenever the login screen gets switched to?

  F355086: Screenshot_20161006_101031.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F355086>

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  components/sessionsprivate/sessionsmodel.cpp
  components/sessionsprivate/sessionsmodel.h
  sddm-theme/Login.qml

EMAIL PREFERENCES