[Differential] [Commented On] D3479: [libinput] Add more support for touchpads in preparation for the new touchpad KCM

subdiff (Roman Gilg) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 30 15:59:36 UTC 2016

subdiff added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3479#66129, @graesslin wrote:

  > @davidedmundson do you have any further comments on the DBus usage? if not, I would give it an "Accepted".

  At the moment @davidedmundson helps me with the dbus signals.  I tried to implement them, but the problem was, that the processEvents() loop is in a different thread than the Connection instance. Because of that the signals weren't forwarded to D-Bus (hard to see).

  He told me that he has an idea how to solve the problem. If this doesn't work though, I would suggest that we ignore the problem of the changing device list on plugging events. For my touchpad KCM it's in some way irrelevant anyway, because:

  1. Most touchpads aren't removable.
  2. On the rare occasion of a user plugging in or disconnecting a touchpad while being in the touchpad KCM, I would use the signal only to show a warning message to the user, that he should restart the KCM (I think it's over-engineered to implement logic to update the device list in real time in these very rare cases).

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

EMAIL PREFERENCES