Touchpad Gestures - Experimental

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Nov 24 14:44:00 UTC 2016

Hi Jens,

I'm extremely sorry, there must have been a huge misunderstanding.

Most of the gestures you came up with are not at all supported. We only get
the following touchpad gestures reported:

* multi-finger pinch/rotate gesture
* multi-finger swipe gesture

The supported gestures are documented at https://wayland.freedesktop.org/
libinput/doc/1.5.0/gestures.html

Anything else is reported as a (mouse) pointer movement/press/release. It's
not at all reported as touchpad event.

Also there is no palm events. If you rest your palm on the touchpad the
underlying technology detects it and goes "let's ignore that".

I'm very sorry, but overall this looks like a lot has to be removed from the
draft document again.

I don't really understand why the supported options where not verified with me
before starting to design the document.

I'm very, very sorry that you created such a great document, which now can
only be partially used.

Martin