[Differential] [Commented On] D3355: add maskArea in panel view

mvourlakos (Michail Vourlakos) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 22 14:10:03 UTC 2016

mvourlakos added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3355#64300, @mart wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3355#63781, @mvourlakos wrote:
  >
  > > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3355#63086, @mart wrote:
  > >
  > > > the advantage is that would use all the native controls for sizing the panel, sizing the icons in the panel etc, the bigger window would just be a presentation
  > >

  > > Martin I managed to subclass the QmlWindow and add it in my dock... But the reparenting doesnot work for me as I would like to.. The best way to use it is to use my QmlWindow to show all the time the contents of the panel.
  >

  > not sure about that, in that case its geometry should follow the one of the panel closely except expanding when needed, but i would not recomend that, i would go with reparenting to a fullscreen window and that's it

  actuallly things are moving more than satisfying... :) the best solution for me is a window which has always the maximum ever needed geometry (for thickness and length). After that I use the maskArea in order to free up areas that are not needed.   When the user unlocks the widgets then a reparenting gets into place and my applets are moved to the original panel in which the user can do anything he wants with them... When the widgets are locked again then a reparenting gets into place and are moved to my so called (magic window :) ) and I take special care is order to hide the plasma's panel.
  Special care is also taken in order to provide for the magic Window the various visibility states (Windows can cover, Auto hide etc.) but this wasnt something so difficult, I even added two more states for the magic window (Below Active and Below Maximized) which are my favourites :) with beautiful sliding animations...

  My only small problem is that I havent found a way to access the PanelView visibility variable in order to alter it automatically from my qml code or its c++ part. So the user must set correctly the Plasma Panel's visibility and my Magic Window visibility choice, especially in the "Always Visible" case...

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES