[Differential] [Request, 203 lines] D3419: [effects] Handle windowShown and windowHidden in fade effect

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 18 15:41:13 UTC 2016

graesslin created this revision.
graesslin added reviewers: KWin, Plasma on Wayland, hein.
Restricted Application added subscribers: kwin, plasma-devel.
Restricted Application added projects: Plasma on Wayland, KWin.

REVISION SUMMARY
  For Wayland windows we can have a sequence of window unmapped
  (windowHidden signal) followed by a windowClosed way later when the
  application quits. This is for example the case with menus.

  The result of this was that the fade out animation triggered when the
  application quit showing all the already closed menus again.

  This change implements a windowShown and windowHidden handler and
  triggers the fadeIn/Out animation on it. If the window gets shown
  again the existing fadeOut animation gets cancelled, so that it can run
  again.

  If a window gets closed for which a fade out animation has been run
  already, it's not triggered again, thus ensuring that we don't see
  zombie windows.

  CCBUG: 372622

REPOSITORY
  rKWIN KWin

BRANCH
  fade-out-window-hidden

AFFECTED FILES
  autotests/integration/effects/CMakeLists.txt
  autotests/integration/effects/fade_test.cpp
  effects/fade/package/contents/code/main.js

EMAIL PREFERENCES