[Differential] [Commented On] D3407: temporary visible panels out of availableScreenRect

davidedmundson (David Edmundson) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 17 17:09:39 UTC 2016

davidedmundson added a comment.

  In terms of behavioural change. +1.

  Ship this if you want, but I want to suggest something else:

  > invasive as a "realvisibility" "pretendedvisibility" distinction in panelview would be worse

  Asking a different question, why does anyone else need to know about real visibility?

  ShellCorona doesn't.  (what this is fixing)
  Scripting doesn't  (technically it has a bug if you were to run a script whilst a user had the panel config open)
  and PanelConfigView would be so much cleaner if it didn't meddle with it; as it then has to cache and manage it's own copy

  Could we instead change panelview to ignore m_visibilytMode if the configView is open? and we leave m_visibiltyMode to be the configured value.

  It would mean we wouldn't need to have any API changes.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES