[Differential] [Commented On] D3210: make scrollbar size configurable

hpereiradacosta (Hugo Pereira Da Costa) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Nov 12 09:32:39 UTC 2016

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  I fear there is still some misunderstanding here. Maybe it is due to the original animation send for the other modification.
  Maybe to make it clear to colomar:
  for a vertical scrollbar, the current animation does _not_ change the width of the scrollbar. The only thing it does is to make the scrollbar "groove" below it (the grey area that indicates the range along which the handle can move) appear gradually.
  The other dimension is unchanged. (and the hit area is unchanged too)
  Consequently, changes on the groove visibility and on the scrollbar width, to me at least, are completely uncorrelated.
  I think this is why Marco wanted two options from the beginning, and I was arguing with either two or no option (but certainly not "one" option)

  Now the current situation, for which both the animation (the appearance of the groove) and the width of the scrollbar are controlled by the "enable animation" option, indeed sounds quite like magic to me (why would animations control the width of an object ?). I don't think this is satisfactory. Options must do what they are supposed to.

  So (and sorry for all the back and forth). I would make the "enable animation" option control *only* whether the groove fades-in and out on mouse-over, or is permanently drawn.
  For the scrollbar width: either we have a separate option for that ("use thin scrollbars"), or we make the thin scrollbar the one and only scrollbar design. (And I would advocate for the second solution, keeping the full scrollbar width - including the emty sides- unchanged, as well as the corresponding hit area).

REPOSITORY
  rBREEZE Breeze

EMAIL PREFERENCES