[Differential] [Commented On] D3282: Disable / Enable Effects for a Panel

mvourlakos (Michail Vourlakos) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 7 15:01:41 UTC 2016

mvourlakos added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3282#61326, @mart wrote:

  > even if not changing anything about the architecture, I think if even if not 100% technically correct, the api would sound better with the effects property actually replaced with backgroundhits like the applet (or even a drawsownbackground bool, but would prefer actually using backgroundhits). The implmentation would stay as is

  I will wait for the discussion to conclude in this...
  I suppose there are three ideas:

  1. keep "effects variable
  2. replace "effects" variable with backgroundHints one of type Plasma::Applet::BackgroundHint
  3. rename "effects" variable to drawsownbackground

  I could try (2) but I will wait first for your confirmation....
  In the qml part there would be then a "panel.backgroundHints" variable to use instead of "panel.effects"...

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES