[Differential] [Updated] D3242: Add an option to context menu to launch the application on a discrete graphics card

hein (Eike Hein) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 3 11:54:51 UTC 2016

hein added a comment.

  I'm not sure this is the right approach. If we add this to Kicker, it won't work in any of these other ways to launch an app:

  - KRunner
  - "Start New Instance" in the Task Manager
  - The Icon applet in the panel or on the desktop
  - The menu desktop containment action
  - File associations
  - Global shortcuts

  We'd end up patching this in all over the place. :(

  I think it would make more sense to do it a bit like this:

  - A new X-KDE-* .desktop file key for "start on discrete"
  - Code in KPropertiesDialog and kmenuedit to set this bit

  The above write out a .desktop file in $HOME shadowing the system one; it's how you e.g. also change an app's icon on the system to a custom one.

EMAIL PREFERENCES