[Differential] [Commented On] D3240: [kstyle] Implement application unpolish to delete ShadowHelper

hpereiradacosta (Hugo Pereira Da Costa) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 3 10:42:56 UTC 2016

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  > For the general case you are right. Unpolish is only called from QApplication::setStyle when the old style gets destroyed. On Application tear-down it's not called.

  To be honest, I am a bit uneasy about this change. Sounds somewhat like abusing the API (since you then call the method explicitly in kwin). What if people later on start adding other "destruction" stuff in unpolish, unaware that it is actually not called ?

  Maybe something cleaner would be to move everything from the destructor to unpolish (with proper reassignment to nullptr), and then call unpolish explicitely in the destructor.
  The whole thing with tons of comments/warning ?

REPOSITORY
  rBREEZE Breeze

EMAIL PREFERENCES