[Differential] [Commented On] D1661: Support touch events on KWin internal windows

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 23 17:00:56 UTC 2016

graesslin added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D1661#30635, @broulik wrote:

  > Doesn't the virtual keyboard need multi touch input? The "swipe" keyboard is a MultiPointTouchArea.

  As said: if we see need for this in future we can still add it. I just got overwhelmed with the QTouchEvent class and chose the fast route as current master has no widget which can handle more than a single press event.

  I just looked at the Keyboard.qml file and it looks to me like not making use of multi touch. I'm not aware of swipe support in QtVirtualKeyboard and I didn't get handwriting to compile on Linux.

  > Also I could imagine stiff mouse clicks jeopardizing a smooth typing experience; I don't know how smart the Qt keyboard is in that area, though.

  so far all my testing for the virtual keyboard was with left mouse button. It worked good enough for my feeling.

REPOSITORY
  rKWIN KWin

EMAIL PREFERENCES