Plasma depending on Qt 5.6.1 shortly

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon May 23 11:40:34 UTC 2016

On maandag 23 mei 2016 13:28:50 CEST Luca Beltrame wrote:
> In data lunedì 23 maggio 2016 13:03:02 CEST, Sebastian Kügler ha scritto:
> > During today's Plasma meeting, we've decided to go ahead and switch
> > Plasma's Qt dependency to 5.6.1 (which is to be released shortly).
>
> Are there some *guarantees* from Qt on a release? Consider they'd let their
> "LTS" release go out with a bug that breaks one of the major users of the
> library, I'm a bit skeptical.

Of course no guarantees.

I'd say the chance that 5.6.1 is not out by the time we release 5.7 is pretty
slim (their bug tracker seems to be pretty empty in terms of showstoppers, and
it was already planned for half-May).

Worst case, we'll reconsider our schedule, but I don't think that's going to
be necessary, we're well buffered, still.
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org