Plasma depending on Qt 5.6.1 shortly

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon May 23 11:03:02 UTC 2016

Hey,

During today's Plasma meeting, we've decided to go ahead and switch Plasma's
Qt dependency to 5.6.1 (which is to be released shortly).

That means: if you're building Plasma from git master, you'll have to rebuild
your Qt from git as well, to the 5.6 branch.

The reason is that we need Qt 5.6 tested against, since we'll depend on that
in Plasma 5.7. Especially multiscreen handling is fixed in some very relevant
code pathes ( https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/125451/ ) and we've been
waiting for a long time already to get these fixes out to users. At the same
time, Qt 5.6.0 brought a huge regression (deadlock in kded5), so that
particular release cannot be used.

TL;DR: rebuild your Qt, Plasma will depend on latest end of this week.

sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org