plasma-desktop on other environments (bis)

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon May 23 09:01:56 UTC 2016

On Monday 23 May 2016, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> I really cannot get my head around that kind of attitude from people
> working on a "Freedesktop" environment. Users of OS X (or MS Windows) are
> apparently not entitled to gaining a little more freedom where and when
> they can? That's really not what I'd expect from members of what's
> supposed to be a community, and doesn't at all motivate me to contribute
> more on other aspects.

hmm, i don't think i would call "freedom".. what it boild down is having
access to kcms that all they would do is to configure some applications to
behave "a little weird" on the target platform as would make it not integrate
anymore.
i don't see it making much sense. itadds maintenance burden with little gain.

there may indeed be kcms that make sense and they should be moved somewhere
else.

imaginging what i would expect "as an user", what i would like probably is a
(very) little separed application that let's controls the few settings that
make sense on that platform, rather than having full fledged systemsettings

--
Marco Martin