Proposal: kde-libs.org, a repository of contributed libraries

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Sat May 14 13:27:14 UTC 2016

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 9:14 AM, kdea <k.dea at mail.com> wrote:

> I have uploaded the component to the "Qt Components" section of
> http://qt-apps.org , as you propose. It is available here:
>
>     http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php?content=176013
>
> I think it is better than nothing. But I would prefer a dedicated web, a
> repository of contributed libraries, classified by cathegories:
>
>     Qt 5 C++ libs
>     Qt 5 QML libs
>     Qt 5 C++/QML libs
>     Plasma 5 C++ libs
>     Plasma 5 QML libs
>     etc.
>
> instead of having everything in one or two cathegories and mixed with app
> cathegories.

Then make it happen :)

The reality of the matter is that in KDE we wouldn't have
no use for such server as we put all we need into our own
libraries. Plus we all have our hands in more than a handful
of projects.

If you think such server would be a good thing, then go ahead
and create it. Things don't just magically happen, they need
people behind it. And if your idea will appeal to wider audience,
you will attract more people.

That's how great things in open source world get created.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer