status of kde/plasma kiosk framework in kf5

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu May 12 21:44:35 UTC 2016

Where are you finding those key values?

​Here's my list I spent the evening on from searching the code.

action/bookmarks | ???. FIXME 0

action/kdesktop_rmb  | Whether the user can right click on a file icon on
the desktop

action/kwin_rmb | Whether the user can show the context menu on window
titles. Also affects the context menu on taskbar items

action/lock_screen | Whether the user can lock the screen

action/logout | Whether the user can logout. See Fixme2

action/plasma/containment_actions | Whether the user can right click on the
desktop to get any actions

action/run_command | Whether krunner can be launched by alt+space or the
context menu *See Fixme1

action/shell_access | Whether the user can launch a shell

action/show_lancelot | ?????!? ? Why is this in our code at all

action/start_new_session | Whether a new session can be started

action/switch_user | Whether the user can switch to another existing
session.

logout | Whether the user can log out. See Fixme2

plasma/allow_configure_when_locked | Whether an applet already added to the
desktop can be configured.

plasma-desktop/add_activities | Whether a new activity can be added

plasma-desktop/scripting_console | Whether a user can launch + run Plasma's
script

plasma/plasmashell/unlockedDesktop | Whether applets/containments can be
added/removed

run_command | Whether krunner can launch arbitrary commands. Not to be
confused with action/run_command. See Fixme1

FIXME0: It's in folderview code and blocks a menu action "bookmark this
file" but I have never seen this feature.

FIXME1:
action/run_command and run_command are confusing.

They start off doing different things as described above but:
runners/shell/shellrunner.cpp mixes up action/run_command with the other
run_command.

FIXME2:
Find out what these mean.

ksmserver/server.cpp also has a "logout" as opposed to action/logout used
elsewhere in the UI.
applets/kicker/plugin/systementry.cpp checks for both!
I don't know what to use here.

I suspect porting error. The outdated docs seem to imply that
lock/logout/switch were all kauthorized::authorize and not
kauthorized::authorizeKAction - is it better to get closed to Plasma4 or be
consistent with the last release of Plasma5?

FIXME3:
action/editable_desktop_icons
It's in #ifdef 0 code. It has a //TODO written above it.