Basic QPushButton keyboard shortcut test fails under KDE session

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu May 12 20:51:01 UTC 2016

As with most bugs it's two people doing something a slightly wrong that
makes something actually wrong.

The documentation explitcitly says:

>shortcut : QKeySequence
>This property holds the _*mnemonic*_ associated with the button.

(emphasis mine)

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qabstractbutton.html#shortcut-prop

Your code isn't setting it to the mnemonic. It's setting it to something
unrelated.
So even though it seems to work /technically/ you're going against the
documentation.

Regardless of whether KDE code existed or not, you'd still have a bug if
you ever call setText later with a mnemonic or switched languages.

> So consider me sceptical to the way it now affects everything :)

So consider me equally sceptical that we have any duty to fix it :)

I tried to change qabstractbutton to have two shortcuts, but the problem
there is I potentially change the behaviour of the
QAbstractButton::shortcut accessor. Any thoughts on how to avoid that?

If we did want to make our code affect only KDE apps we could potentially
check the qApp->organisationDomain? KDE people  - would that work?

David