[Differential] [Request, 14 lines] D1581: If glx is not available try to create egl backend

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 10 08:18:55 UTC 2016

graesslin created this revision.
graesslin added a reviewer: Plasma.

REVISION SUMMARY
  So far the OpenGL is unsafe check functionality in Compositor disabled
  OpenGL compositing if glx is not available and we are in standalone X11
  mode.

  This is technically no longer correct for quite some time. Just because
  GLX is not available doesn't mean that OpenGL doesn't work. We have an
  EGL backend. So let's try to use that if glx is not available.

  This change removes the check completely from Compositor. Instead the
  standalone x11 plugin checks whether glx is available prior to createing
  the glx backend. If not available it falls through to the egl backend.

REPOSITORY
  rKWIN KWin

BRANCH
  fallthrough-egl-if-no-glx

AFFECTED FILES
  composite.cpp
  plugins/platforms/x11/standalone/x11_platform.cpp

EMAIL PREFERENCES