Requirements for Plasma Mobile at CyanogenModBase and Neon for other devices

Gerold Jens Wucherpfennig gjwucherpfennig at gmx.net
Mon May 9 12:04:14 UTC 2016

Am 09.05.2016 um 08:15 schrieb Bhushan Shah:
> On Monday, May 9, 2016 11:14:23 AM IST, Gerold Jens Wucherpfennig wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I'd like to "port" Plasma Mobile to my smartphone device. (GT-I9100)
>> I've read about https://community.kde.org/Plasma/Mobile/CyanogenModBase
>> I've compiled the whole CyanogenMod 11 for my smartphone device.
>> I've compiled the DorimanX v10 Kernel with namespaces support
>> (based on linux kernel 3.15).
>
> Awesome and thanks for stepping up on porting :-)
>
>> I am able to start the LXC container.
>> I can log into the ubuntu operating system.
>
> Sounds good so far..
>
>> It's impossible to start the wayland session!
>>
>> What are the CyanogenModBase requirements for Plasma Mobile?
>
> There are some changes required in CyanogenMod, but it is entierly
> possible that they may not be required at all for your device.
>
>> Are there any changes required at the KDE neon operating system?
>
> None, I can think of..
>
>> Here is the output of "/var/log/upstart/lightdm.log"
>>

>> Failed to open VT master: No such file or directory
>> Jumping to VT -1
>> Failed to open /dev/tty-1: No such file or directory
>> Using /dev/tty0 instead of /dev/tty-1!
>> Failed to manage VT manually: Bad file descriptor
>> Couldn't initiate jump to VT -1: Bad file descriptor
>
> This sounds bad..

I think that I need to recompile the kernel with
some additional kernel features again.

I do not want to speculate, so I seek your advice.

> Can you provide /proc/cmdline and kernel config?

The kernel configuration is attached to this email.
Look at kernel_config.gz

Here is /proc/cmdline:

console=ttySAC2,115200 consoleblank=0 androidboot.selinux=permissive
loglevel=4 console=ram androidboot.serialno=000934b07d3f2f
sec_debug.enable=0 sec_debug.enable_user=0 c1_watchdog.sec_pet=5
sec_log=0x100000 at 0x4d900000 s3cfb.bootloaderfb=0x5ec00000
ld9040.get_lcdtype=0x0 consoleblank=0 lpj=3981312 vmalloc=144m

> Thanks

I thank you in advance...