Requirements for Plasma Mobile at CyanogenModBase and Neon for other devices

Gerold Jens Wucherpfennig gjwucherpfennig at gmx.net
Mon May 9 05:44:23 UTC 2016

Hi everybody,

I'd like to "port" Plasma Mobile to my smartphone device. (GT-I9100)
I've read about https://community.kde.org/Plasma/Mobile/CyanogenModBase
I've compiled the whole CyanogenMod 11 for my smartphone device.
I've compiled the DorimanX v10 Kernel with namespaces support
(based on linux kernel 3.15).

I followed the steps mentioned in:
https://community.kde.org/Plasma/Mobile/CyanogenModBase

I am able to start the LXC container.
I can log into the ubuntu operating system.

It's impossible to start the wayland session!

What are the CyanogenModBase requirements for Plasma Mobile?
Are there any changes required at the KDE neon operating system?

Here is the output of "/var/log/upstart/lightdm.log"

Failed to open VT master: No such file or directory
Jumping to VT -1
Failed to open /dev/tty-1: No such file or directory
Using /dev/tty0 instead of /dev/tty-1!
Failed to manage VT manually: Bad file descriptor
Couldn't initiate jump to VT -1: Bad file descriptor
[PAM] Starting...
[PAM] Authenticating...
[PAM] returning.
startng process
starting  "/usr/bin/kwinwrapper"
"cat: "
"/sys/devices/virtual/dmi/id/board_name"
": No such file or directory"
"\n"
"No backend specified through command line argument, trying auto resolution"
"\n"
"QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 15 and type 'Read', disabling...\n"
"KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2\nKCrash: Application Name
= kwin_wayland path = /usr/bin pid = 1851\n"
"KCrash: Arguments: /usr/bin/kwin_wayland --xwayland --libinput
--lockscreen --inputmethod maliit-server plasma-phone \n"
deinit\n"
"Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory\n"
ly\n"
n"